With a fully adjustable 40-inch fiberglass composite shaft, this L Series 24 volt trolling motor is built to fit all transom mount boats such as sailboats, fishing skiffs, pontoon boats, and other mid size boats. The motor's 8 speeds (5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds) make for a smooth and controlled ride. The 86lb thrust electric trolling motor comes with a 3 blade propeller (10 inch diameter) for optimal performance. This 24v trolling motor is designed to run with two 12 volt deep cycle batteries or marine batteries (not included).
Newport Vessels highly recommends a 50 amp manual reset circuit breaker in the outboard motor leads within 1.8m (72 inches) of the battery for this motor, on the positive line. This circuit breaker is included with your motor, and can be found in the propeller box. During the usage of the electric outboard motor, when the propeller is stuck by the weeds, small stones, fishing lines or so forth, the circuit breaker will cut off the power automatically to prevent the damage of any electrical parts.
- 86lb Thrust Trolling Motor (24V)
- 3-Blade Propeller Kit - Large
- 50 Amp Circuit Breaker
- 24V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery System (2 x 12V Batteries connected in series) and charger. Amp hours determine the runtime of the motor and Newport Vessels recommends at least 50 amp hours for all of our motors.
- Download the 86lb Thrust - L Series - Trolling Motor Owners Manual
Compare the 86lb Thrust 24 Volt Trolling Motor To Other Newport Vessels Trolling Motors:
View the full Newport Vessels trolling motor model comparison chart below.
L Series 86lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor Technical Specifications:
The full technical specifications for the 86lb thrust 24v trolling motor are below.
How do Newport Vessels electric trolling motors stack up against the competition?
Newport Vessels 86lb thrust electric trolling motor differs in many ways from our main competitors comparable model motors such as Minn Kota, Motorguide, and Watersnake. All of these brands have lower thrust power than the 86lb Newport model but use the same 24-volt battery system. This means you will get more power at the same battery capacity. Our 86lb thrust L-Series can be used in both saltwater and freshwater. None of our competitors can offer this dual use in fresh and salt water. We use high quality components and construct our trolling motors with Zinc, aluminum, and stainless steel allowing for dependable performance in any water. The most important aspect our of 86lb thrust electric trolling motor compared to Minn Kota, Motorguide, and Watersnake is our price of $399. All the other brands have prices of $700 and up with less features as the Newport Vessels L-Series motor.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.