Trolling Motor for Kayaks
The 55lb thrust electric kayak trolling motor by Newport Vessels is designed with kayak anglers in mind. This is the first kayak specific motor on the market to offer good performance in a reliable, well produced package, at an affordable price.
The Kayak Series trolling motors build on the tried and true design of the NV Series trolling motors, featuring a height adjustable 24-inch shaft for correct depth placement. It uses extended cabling to provide for flexible battery placement, ensuring compatibility with all transom mount kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats. Five forward speeds and three reverse speeds allow for a smooth and efficient ride. The five LED light battery indicator shows the current charge of the battery, allowing the user to estimate the remaining runtime. The 55lb thrust kayak trolling motor comes equipped with a 3-blade propeller, balancing efficiency and power for optimal performance. The kayak trolling motor is powered by one 12-volt deep cycle or marine battery (not included). See our battery guide here.
- 24 Inch Adjustable Fiberglass Shaft
- 55lbs of Thrust
- 8 Speeds
- 5 Forward
- 3 Reverse
- 3 Blade Propeller (10 inch diameter)
- 5' 6" Battery Cables
- 5 LED Battery Charge Indicator
- 6" Telescoping Handle
Included In The Box:
- Kayak Series 55lb Thrust Trolling Motor
- 3 Blade Propeller
- Propeller Hardware
- 50 Amp Manual Reset Circuit Breaker
- Owners Manual
Other Accessories Needed for Operation (Not Included):
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery with at least 50 Amp Hour Rating on the battery. Amp Hours determine battery runtime, the runtime of your motor can be extended by choosing a battery with a 75 or 100 Amp Hour rating.
- Check out our Railblaza Kayak Motor Mount
Each kayak motor comes with our 2 year warranty and is backed by our California based, industry renowned customer service team!
**Newport Vessels recommends a 50 amp manual reset circuit breaker in the outboard motor leads within 1.8m (72 inches) of the battery for this motor; this should be connected to the positive lead.This circuit breaker is included with your motor, and can be found in the propeller box. During the usage of the electric outboard motor, when the propeller is stuck by weeds, rocks, fishing lines etc, the circuit breaker will cut off the power automatically to prevent damage to electrical components.**
Ready to test your skill?
Check out our Beginners Guide To Kayak Fishing Tournaments!
Fishing from a kayak allows you to get in close to the action without scaring away bass and other shallow water fish. Fighting water currents and navigating the wakes and chop of bigger boats can be extremely time consuming and draining. Utilizing a trolling motor allows kayakers to quickly access their favorite fishing spot, so they can spend the day fishing and not paddling. The ultra-quiet operation of our Kayak Series 55lb thrust trolling motor ensures a stealthy approach, placing you right on top of fish bigger boats can only dream of finding.
Compare the 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor To Other Newport Vessels Motors:
Kayak Trolling Motor Specifications:
How do Newport Vessels trolling motors stack up against Minn Kota and MotorGuide?
Newport Vessels 55lb Thrust - Kayak Series - electric trolling motor stands out from major competitors like Minn Kota and MotorGuide thanks to its exceptional features and unmatched value. Both Minn Kota and MotorGuide make comparable transom motors, however Newport Vessels offers better features at a lower cost. One of the main ways in which the Kayak Series stands out against the rest is its compatibility with saltwater. It is the most affordable and reliable saltwater compatible motor on the market, with performance and features which are unmatched by Minn Kota's equivalent Endura and MotorGuide's R3 model. The 55lb - Kayak Series is an easy choice for kayak anglers and canoes looking for a reliable, durable, and affordable trolling motor, which outperforms its over priced competitors.
Made with zinc, aluminum, and stainless steel components that allow for dependable saltwater performance, the motor incorporates key features such as its sacrificial zinc anode. Another great feature of our motor is the 5-point LED meter incorporated into the top of the motor head, ensuring you always know how much battery life remains. The Minn Kota Endura Transom uses only a 4 point LED while the MotorGuide R3 Freshwater doesn't have a test battery meter. The 24-inch fiberglass composite shaft on Newport Vessels 55lb Thrust - Kayak Series electric motor is guaranteed for life, is very strong and offers optimal depth range for most kayaks, canoes and more. The Newport Vessels 55lb Thrust - Kayak Series electric trolling motor offers an excellent combination of performance and features, in an affordable package. All of our products are supported by our exceptional California based customer service team, and are backed by our warranty.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new Stand Up Paddleboard and its accessories (hereinafter to be referred to as the “Product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal or improper use, improper assembly, or failed repair attempts.
- Use of an accessory or part neither manufactured nor sold by us.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- Improper protection against UV-light.
Extended exposure to the elements; sun, water, moisture, or humidity.
- Newport Vessels inflatable products are manufactured with treated PVC materials. PVC material by nature (all brands & all models) will begin to breakdown, over-time, if left out in the elements. This warranty does not cover cases where products have been improperly protected against the elements for an extended duration. Please click here to view the difference between PVC and Hypalon.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- The customer must provide reasonable access to the product for warranty service by delivering the product for inspection to a dealer authorized to service the purchaser’s product. If a purchaser cannot deliver the product to such authorized dealer, the purchaser shall notify the company in writing. We shall then arrange for the inspection and repair, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid.Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice with Newport Vessels approval.
- Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Purchase is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Purchase is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
Newport Vessels Guarantee:
- 30 day guarantee begins on the date the product is delivered.
- Returns will be processed within 30 business days of the return arriving at the Newport Vessels warehouse.
Returned products must be:
- Clean and free of dirt, sand, stains, or debris. Unclean or dirty returned products will result in a cleaning fee at the discretion of Newport Vessels team.
- Newport Vessels is not able to accept returns on vessels which have previously been registered. Registered boats are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Undamaged. Products damaged through abuse, accidents or neglect cannot be returned. Any items found to be damaged will be assessed a repair charge. Newport Vessels reserves the right to determine and assess the refundable value of damaged products.
- In sellable condition. Returned items must be resold. Newport Vessels cannot accept returns in less than sellable condition.
- Complete with all parts and accessories shipped on the original order. Incomplete orders will receive a partial refund.
- Customers returning eligible products will receive a refund for the purchase price of the product, not including any shipping charges or other charges.
Refunds will be issued by the original payment method
- If the original payment method is expired or cancelled then refunds will be issued by check. Please allow 10 business days for check processing.
Newport Vessels 30 Day Guarantee does not apply to:
- Products not purchased directly from NewportVessels.com
- Products purchased on eBay.
- Items that are modified or customized. Item must be in original condition and not tampered with.
30 Day Guarantee does not apply if products have been:
- Registered with the state or local government.
- Damaged due to customer use or abuse
- Holes drilled for attaching accessories
- Glued on items such as D-rings, handles, Scotty mounting pads, registration numbers.
- Exchanges do not extend the 30 Day Guarantee, the Guarantee only applies to the original purchase. Guarantee does not apply to the exchanged item.
- 30 Day Guarantee applies to non-commercial use only. Any commercial use, including but not limited to rental operations, will void the 30 Day Guarantee
To initiate the return process, call 1-866-721-0002 to obtain an RMA Number
- All items must be shipped within five (5) days of the issuance of the RMA or the RMA will be voided.
- Packages without an RMA Number will be refused and shipped back to the customer at the customers expense.