X Series - Electric Trolling Motor
12V Smart Battery Box
Cable Extension Kit
3 Blade Small (36lb 40lb 46lb)
3 Blade Large (55lb 62lb 86lb)
Transom Lock For Trolling Motors
Transducer Mount for Trolling Motors
LED Battery Meter
freshwater & saltwater
LED Battery Meter
freshwater & saltwater
The X Series Electric Trolling Motor by Newport Vessels is part of our newest line of electric transom-mount trolling motors. With the characteristic X Series 30 degree tilting head, this versatile multi-purpose electric trolling motor is great for a variety of applications. Built with the latest in design, materials, and methods; this trolling motor is built to last. This transom mount motor is designed to be powered by a 12-volt Deep Cycle battery or Marine battery (not included). The control box and telescoping 6-inch handle have a tilt adjustment so that the operator can adjust the handle to level that makes steering more comfortable.With an adjustable 36-inch shaft length, the Newport Vessels trolling motor is built to fit all Newport Vessels inflatable boats as well as all other inflatable boats, kayaks, dinghies, tenders, fishing boats, aluminum fishing boats, and inflatables with a transom. The 8 speed control system (5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds) makes for a smooth and easily controlled ride. The X Series electric trolling motor comes with a 3 blade propeller for optimal performance.
All Newport Vessels branded trolling motors are designed to be used with Lead-Acid style Deep Cycle or Marine batteries (Flooded, SLA, AGM or Gel). The use of Lithium batteries is not recommended and won't be compatible with some of the features offered on our motors. For more information, please read our post Lithium Batteries With Trolling Motors?COMPARE THE X SERIES MOTOR TO THE OTHER NEWPORT VESSELS TROLLING MOTORS:
View the full Newport Vessels trolling motor model comparison chart below.THIS MOTOR INCLUDES:
- X Series Electric Trolling Motor (36" Shaft)
- Propeller Installation Hardware
- Drive-Pin, Washer, Tightening Nut and Spanner/Wrench
- Circuit Breaker
- 40A (40lb) || 50A (55lb)
- X Series Trolling Motor Owners Manual
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery (Lead-Acid) rated at least 50 amp hour (ah). Amp hours will determine the run time of the motor.
- 12V Battery Charger.
Power 40lb || 55lb
Water Compatibility: Saltwater & Freshwater
Horsepower Equivalent: .54 HP
Speeds: 5 Forward | 3 Reverse
Max Amp Draw: 43A || 52A
Weight: 21lbs || 23lbs
Shaft Length: 36"
Included Propeller: 3 Blade - Small || 3 Blade - Large
Shaft Diameter: 1.15"
Tiller/Handle: 6" Telescoping, 30 Degree Tilting
Battery Meter: 10 Point LED
Total Height: 47" || 48"
Lower Motor Diameter: 3.2" || 3.7"
Compatible Battery Type: Lead-Acid
Lower Motor Length: 13.7" || 15.4"
Recommended Amp Hours: 50AH or larger
Circuit Breaker: 40A || 50A
Battery Cable Length: 4'
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- If your product arrives in a badly damaged box, please notify Newport Vessels immediately. If the box has been opened during shipment, simply refuse delivery of the product and it will be delivered back to our warehouse so we can ship you a replacement.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Trolling motors purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Trolling motors purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty.
Newport Vessels Owners Manuals and Safety Information
- Boat - Wood Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Boat - Air Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- NV Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Kayak Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- X Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- L Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Pontoon Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- NK 180 - Kayak Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- SUP - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Smart Battery Box - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- 12V Pulse Smart Battery Charger - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
Newport Vessels Instructions
- Inflatable Boat Transom Launch Wheels Instructions - PDF
- Pontoon Motor And Mount Installation - PDF
- Boat Air Leak & Transom Repair Instructions - PDF
- Valve Air Leak & Replacement Instructions - PDF
- Davit Mounting Instructions - PDF
- Repairing and Replacing Oar Lock Pads Instructions - PDF
- Canopy Installation Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
- Smart Battery Box Meter Operating Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
Always had a MinnKota ....last one died and looked into Newport Vessels X Series. WOW! This was MUCH cheaper....and is BETTER! Love the constant battery meter and telescoping /extending handle too! This trolling motor is super quiet, and hauls butt...I think i was going 5mph .....with a wake lol Highly reccomend!
I had been a Minkota customer but now after 3 years and going on my 4th trolling motor I decided to switch gears and look for something else. Overall experience was good, delivery was slower than advertised but not too bad, and well worth the wait it seems. I have only bee able to use it once so far but the motor was very quiet and powerful. I also like how the telescoping handle can be adjusted up and down, and I really like the circuit breaker on the power cord. So far so good for my experience, and I love that if there is a issue i can call a US based support. I will be recommending this to my friends for sure
Used it for a day only. However it’s very nice looking and performing well
Very nice. Great support