With the characteristic X Series 30 degree tilting head, this versatile multi-purpose 40lb thrust trolling motor is a great motor for a variety of applications. This transom mount motor is designed to be powered by a 12-volt Deep Cycle battery or Marine battery (not included). The control box and telescoping 6-inch handle have a tilt adjustment for comfortable throttle control. With an adjustable 36-inch shaft length for optimal depth placement, the Newport Vessels 40 lb thrust trolling motor is built to fit all inflatable boats, kayaks, dinghies, jon boats, and small boats, and inflatables with a transom. The 8 speed control system (5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds) makes for a smooth and easily controlled ride. As part of the X-Series, this 40 lb thrust trolling motor comes with a 3 blade propeller for optimal performance.
X Series 40 lb Thrust Trolling Motor Comes With:
- 40 lb Thrust Trolling Motor
- 3-Blade Propeller Kit
- 40 Amp Circuit Breaker
Other Accessories Needed for Operation:
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery and Charger with at least 50 Amp Hour Rating on the battery. Amp Hours determines battery runtime.
Newport Vessels highly recommends a 40 amp manual reset circuit breaker in the outboard motor leads within 1.8m (72 inches) of the battery for this motor, on the positive line. This circuit breaker is included with your motor, and can be found in the propeller box. During the usage of the electric outboard motor, when the propeller is stuck by the weeds, small stones, fishing lines or so forth, the circuit breaker will cut off the power automatically to prevent the damage of any electrical parts.
Compare the X-Series 40 lb Thrust Trolling Motor To Other Newport Vessels Trolling Motors:
View the full Newport Vessels trolling motor model comparison chart below.
X-Series 40 lb Thrust Trolling Motor Technical Specifications:
The full technical specifications for the 40 lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor are below.
How do Newport Vessels trolling motors stack up against Minn Kota Endura 40 or MotorGuide?
Newport Vessels X Series 40lb thrust electric trolling motor differs in many ways from our main competitors comparable model motors such as Minn Kota and Motorguide. Both brands make comparable motors as far as thrust power goes, but Newport Vessels offers more great features at a lower cost. A huge difference in the 40lb thrust motor is the ability to tilt the control box and handle up or down. This allows the person steering to adjust to a level that is comfortable for them. Also, it makse the storage of the motor more compact. One of the main reasons the Newport Vessels 40lb thrust trolling motor stands out against the rest is that it is saltwater resistant; Minn Kota's Endura C2 and Endura MAX models and Motorguide's R3 model can not say the same. None of them can be used in saltwater. Our motor is constructed with Zinc, aluminum, and stainless steel components allowing for dependable performance in saltwater. Another key component in our motor is the 10-point LED meter built directly into the motor head that gives precise battery life measurements. The Minn Kota Endura C2 and Motorguide R3 do not have a battery meter and the Endura C2 only has a push to test battery life button. The 36-inch fiberglass composite shaft on Newport Vessels 40lb thrust electric motor is very strong and the perfect height for many of the boats, kayaks, or other vessels needed for a 40lb thrust motor. Newport Vessels X Series 40lb thrust electric trolling motor offers all of these key components at the lowest price of $169, the lowest of any competitor's motor.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.