Dana Inflatable Boat 8ft 10in
Durable & Versatile
Durable & Versatile
Our #1 Selling Boat
At 8’10”, the Dana makes an excellent 1-2 person fishing dinghy, 3 person tender, or 3 person runabout. With a 10hp motor the boat can reach speeds of around 15-20mph when on plane. The marine wood floors provide a solid and stable surface for standing or casting, and the 18” tubes keep passengers safe and dry when traveling at speed. The Dana features all the same convenience features as the rest of the Newport dinghy lineup with an inflatable keel, durable wood floor, a 180° splash guard & grab rope, rub strakes, grab handles, Bimini attachment D-Rings, towing D-rings, and wear patches underneath the tubes.
The spacious but portable 8ft 10in Dana inflatable dinghy boat has oversized 18-inch tubes, making it the perfect inflatable tender, fishing boat, or small runabout dinghy boat. These oversized tubes make the Dana dinghy boat very stable and maneuverable at high speeds. If you're looking for speed and performance, the ideal motor paring is the 15" short shaft 9.9 Honda outboard, Tohatsu outboard, or Evinrude outboard, or any comparable motor. You can reach speeds of 15-20 mph with this setup. The high-pressure inflatable keel allows the inflatable dinghy boat to reach maximum performance while banking, turning, and accelerating. Recent updates also include additional D-Rings for Bimini attachments and other accessories!
Newport Vessels inflatable dinghy boats are constructed with triple-layered 1,100 denier PVC. What's this mean? It means we use the exact same materials used in professional whitewater rafts. In fact, we use an extra layer of polyester in our boats to give the material more flexibility for when folding up and storing away. Since our boats are made with the same materials, same construction methods, and techniques, our dinghy boats are just as indestructible as white water rafts. Our dinghy boats are made to be dragged up on shore, run into docks, and to keep up with the wear and tear of boating.WHY SHOULD YOU BUY A NEWPORT VESSELS INFLATABLE BOAT?
The 8ft 10in Dana model inflatable sport tender is the ideal mix between portability and performance. The huge 18-inch tubes make this dinghy boat one of the most stable inflatable tender boats on the market; both during times of high speed and while floating still. The wide footprint of the 8ft 10in Dana makes for a solid foundation for easily boarding the boat as well as loading the boat. This same very solid foundation makes for an extremely low center of gravity and stable ride platform during times of high speed and turning
Aside from the incredible performance of the 8ft 10in Dana model inflatable dinghy boat, the materials used for the construction of the boat are even more impressive. Newport Vessels only utilizes the highest quality imported Korean PVC which makes for long-term dependability and product performance. Be extremely cautious of cheap low-end Chinese PVC material that is constructed without flex additives and UV protectants. These materials are notorious for becoming brittle quickly and breaking down within only months of use. Newport Vessels only uses the highest quality imported German adhesives that are specially formulated to avoid delamination, adhesion breakdowns, and chemical corrosion damage. If brands aren't talking about their high-quality German adhesives, they're not using them! Newport Vessels uses only the highest quality PVC materials and adhesives from world-class suppliers, to ensure a high-quality product that customers of all types will love.
1100 Denier Korean PVC (.9mm)
18" Diameter Tubes
Sealed Marine Plywood Transom
Aluminum Framed Marine Wood Flooring Set
Aluminum Framed Marine Wood Flooring Set w/ 2 Stringers
2 Piece Oars and Attachments
Aluminum Bench Seat
Boat Storage/Carrying Bag
Floor Board & Accessories Storage/Carrying Bag
DMV Registration Paperwork (Mailed Separately)
Material Korean PVC
Seam Construction: Hot Air Welded
Color: White & Grey
Number of Air Chambers:3 + Keel
Overall Length: 8'10"
Inflatable Keel: Yes
Inside Width: 24"
Transom Construction: PVC Covered Marine Plywood
Inside Length: 69"
Floor Material: Alloy Framed Marine Plywood
Tube Diameter: 18"
Fabric Thickness: 1100D
Load Capacity: 1067 lbs
Tube Pressure: 3.6 PSI
Max Engine Weight: 90 lbs
Carrying Bag: Yes
Max Engine Horsepower: 10 HP
Two Oars: Yes
Outboard Shaft Length: Short (15"-17")
Repair Kit: Yes
Foot Pump: Yes
Weight: 107 lbs
Bimini Top Attachment D-Rings
Self Bailing Drain Plug
Double Tear Drop Rub Strake
Double layered PVC on bottom of tubes
Extra wear patch on tails for beaching
External Post Length: 1/4"
Hot Air Welding Construction
How do I assemble my inflatable boat?
Assembly of your Newport Vessels inflatable boat will take about 15-20 minutes (especially the first time). Please view the detailed Owner's Manual for Wood Floor Inflatable Boat and Owner's Manual for Air Floor Inflatable Boat for the best most clear step by step directions. You can also view the brief assembly instruction video below of how to assemble your inflatable boat.
Assembly of your Newport Vessels inflatable boat will take about 15-20 minutes (especially the first time). Please view the above video and the below steps to aid in the assembly and installation of the aluminum framed wooden floor boards. This part of the process will take about 5 minutes by using the following steps.
STEP A: Properly place Newport Vessels inflatable boat floor boards inside the boat in the correct order and attach the inflatable boat floor boards at the joint locations. Watch video above for proper technique & floorboard alignment instructions.
STEP B: Conjoin each individual floor together by inserting each floor boat (in the correct order) into the appropriate bracket. Once again, watch the above video for proper technique & inflatable boat floor board alignment instructions.
STEP C: Now that the inflatable boat floor board panels are properly and even placed within the boat (and the joints are properly connected) grab all the stringers and prepare for the aluminum stringer insertion. The longer side of the stinger is to be placed against the floor of the inflatable boat (leaving the more narrow/thin portion of the stringer facing upward. The motion to set the stingers in place is a rolling motion (not a sliding motion). The stingers are designed to roll into place and to secure snugly and not move. Watch video above for proper Newport Vessels inflatable boat stringer installation.
STEP D: Repeat the above steps for each individual aluminum stringer so that each joint of the wood panel floors are properly secured in place. The aluminum framed wood panel flooring provides an extremely rigid and secure flooring system for your boat. Wood flooring is recommended for multi passenger uses, dogs, standing, fishing, and all versatile inflatable boating applications. Watch the video above for proper technique & floor board alignment instructions.
All Newport inflatable boats ship with Free Ground Shipping for a limited time!
Orders outside of the contiguous United States, (Mexico and Canada) will be charged exact shipping costs
See our Shipping & Returns page for more information.
Inflatable Boat Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new inflatable boat and its accessories (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal or improper use, improper assembly, or failed repair attempts.
- Use of an accessory or part neither manufactured nor sold by us.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- Improper protection against UV-light.
- Extended exposure to the elements; sun, water, moisture, or humidity.
- Newport Vessels inflatable products are manufactured with treated PVC materials. PVC material by nature (all brands & all models) will begin to breakdown, over-time, if left out in the elements. This warranty does not cover cases where products have been improperly protected against the elements for an extended duration. Please click here to view the difference between PVC and Hypalon.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- The customer must provide reasonable access to the product for warranty service by delivering the product for inspection to a dealer authorized to service the purchaser’s product. If a purchaser cannot deliver the product to such authorized dealer, the purchaser shall notify the company in writing. We shall then arrange for the inspection and repair, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid.Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice with Newport Vessels approval.
- Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Purchase is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Purchase is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Boats purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Boats purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty
Newport Vessels Owners Manuals and Safety Information
- Boat - Wood Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Boat - Air Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- NV Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Kayak Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- X Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- L Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Pontoon Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- NK 180 - Kayak Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- SUP - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Smart Battery Box - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- 12V Pulse Smart Battery Charger - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
Newport Vessels Instructions
- Inflatable Boat Transom Launch Wheels Instructions - PDF
- Pontoon Motor And Mount Installation - PDF
- Boat Air Leak & Transom Repair Instructions - PDF
- Valve Air Leak & Replacement Instructions - PDF
- Davit Mounting Instructions - PDF
- Repairing and Replacing Oar Lock Pads Instructions - PDF
- Canopy Installation Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
- Smart Battery Box Meter Operating Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
We just got the boat last week - it shipped right after we bought it online and arrived a couple days later, just in time for us to take it out over the weekend. Before we took it out, we inflated it at home to try it out, had some questions about where to install the side rails on the floor, and submitted a question via the Newport Vessels website. Got a response very quickly and they were very friendly and helpful (though we had already found our answer on their video from their website - which was super clear). Boat performed great out on the water - very happy with purchase!
It was wonderful. The packing was excellent. One of the paddles has been damaged in shipping and was crushed. I immediately got a replacement at no charge
Our new Dana Inflatable
Everything was great. delivery on time. assembly easy.
Great Inflatable Dinghy
Pros: - Very stable with 18in tubes. I can fish while standing on the boat with another friend in the boat and we all feel very safe. - The boat is made very well. I can see a lot of attention went into the details and construction of the boat. - Boat looks really nice. - Great vessel for fishing, camping, runabouts, and river floating trips! - 20-25 minute set up time (Same or less time compared to putting a kayak or canoe in my car) - packable - Bag is a foldover system that makes packing the boat up really easy. Simply lay the boat on the middle of the boat bag. The bag looks like a + sign when laid out. Simply fold two flaps over and tighten the straps. Then repeat. Cleaning - Unfortunately, this is a little more cleaning than my canoe as I store this inside my apartment. Of course, you will have to clean any dinghy from any company. The positive side to this is the boat will last for many years if I continue to take care of it this way. Storage - Fits in a 6ft long closet that is about 3.5-4ft deep. Able to place all accessories in the closet as well. The downside (for any inflatable boat) - It is annoying to clean after use. I store this in my house. More maintenance than a canoe. Overall - Great option for boaters that live in apartments, RVers, van lifers, traditional use at a marina, or as a safety boat on a larger vessel. I would recommend it to a friend.
Replacement Dana Inflatable
Very good. I had a problem with a leak in my inflatable and Newport Vessels provided a replacement in an expeditious manner. They stood by their warranty and I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking any of their products.