Kayak Series - Kayak Trolling Motor
12V Smart Battery Box
Cable Extension Kit
Kayak Trolling Motor Mount Kit by Railblaza
2 Blade Small
3 Blade Large
LED battery meter
freshwater & saltwater
LED battery meter
freshwater & saltwater
TROLLING MOTOR FOR KAYAKS
The kayak trolling motor by Newport Vessels is designed with kayak anglers in mind. This is the first kayak specific motor on the market to offer good performance in a reliable, well produced package, at an affordable price
The Kayak Series trolling motors build on the tried and true design of the NV Series trolling motors, featuring a height adjustable 24-inch shaft for correct depth placement. It uses extended cabling to provide for flexible battery placement, ensuring compatibility with all transom mount kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats. Five forward speeds and three reverse speeds allow for a smooth and efficient ride. The five LED light battery indicator shows the current charge of the battery, allowing the user to estimate the remaining runtime. The kayak trolling motor comes with a durable propeller, balancing efficiency and power for optimal performance. The kayak trolling motor is powered by one 12-volt deep cycle or marine battery (not included). See our battery guide here.
Each kayak motor comes with our 2 year warranty and is backed by our California based, industry renowned customer service team!
All Newport Vessels branded trolling motors are designed to be used with Lead-Acid style Deep Cycle or Marine batteries (Flooded, SLA, AGM or Gel). The use of Lithium batteries is not recommended and won't be compatible with some of the features offered on our motors. For more information, please read our post Lithium Batteries With Trolling Motors?
Ready to test your skill? Check out our Beginners Guide To Kayak Fishing Tournaments!
Fishing from a kayak allows you to get in close to the action without scaring away bass and other shallow water fish. Fighting water currents and navigating the wakes and chop of bigger boats can be extremely time consuming and draining. Utilizing a trolling motor allows kayakers to quickly access their favorite fishing spot, so they can spend the day fishing and not paddling. The ultra-quiet operation of our Kayak Series trolling motor ensures a stealthy approach, placing you right on top of fish bigger boats can only dream of finding.COMPARE THE KAYAK SERIES ELECTRIC TROLLING MOTOR TO OTHER NEWPORT VESSELS MOTORS:
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery (Lead-Acid) rated at least 50 amp hour (ah). Amp hours will determine the run time of the motor.
- 12V Battery Charger.
- Railblaza Kayak Motor Mount (Optional)
Power: 36lb || 55lb
Water Compatibility: Saltwater & Freshwater
Horsepower Equivalent: 0.48 HP || 0.83 HP
Speeds: 5 Forward | 3 Reverse
Max Amp Draw: 29A || 52A
Weight: 18lbs || 23lbs
Shaft Length: 24"
Included Propeller: 2 Blade Small (36lb) || 3 Blade Large (55lb)
Shaft Diameter: 1.15"
Tiller/Handle: 6" Telescoping
Battery Meter: 5" Point LED
Total Height: 35" || 36"
Lower Motor Diameter: 3.2" (36lb) || 3.7" (55lb)
Recommended Amp Hours: 50AH or larger
Lower Motor Length: 13.7" (36lb) || 15.4" (55lb)
Battery Cable Length: 5'6"
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- If your product arrives in a badly damaged box, please notify Newport Vessels immediately. If the box has been opened during shipment, simply refuse delivery of the product and it will be delivered back to our warehouse so we can ship you a replacement.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Trolling motors purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Trolling motors purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty.
Newport Vessels Owners Manuals and Safety Information
- Boat - Wood Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Boat - Air Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- NV Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Kayak Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- X Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- L Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Pontoon Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- NK 180 - Kayak Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- SUP - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Smart Battery Box - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- 12V Pulse Smart Battery Charger - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
Newport Vessels Instructions
- Inflatable Boat Transom Launch Wheels Instructions - PDF
- Pontoon Motor And Mount Installation - PDF
- Boat Air Leak & Transom Repair Instructions - PDF
- Valve Air Leak & Replacement Instructions - PDF
- Davit Mounting Instructions - PDF
- Repairing and Replacing Oar Lock Pads Instructions - PDF
- Canopy Installation Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
- Smart Battery Box Meter Operating Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
Called the company and asked several questions about the kayak series, after getting off the phone I had another question but unfortunately they were closed and I didn’t leave a message. The next morning the company called me back explaining that they had missed my call, this is amazing in this day and time, customer service before the sale! I ordered the 55 that day and very pleased with the performance. If I have issues at a later date, I have no worries about the service I will receive. Very people friendly company. D.Spencer
I recently bought the kayak series 24” shaft 55hp trolling motor. It is great. Faster than my MinnKota 55 hp pushing my kayak. Why do I have two? The Newport Vessel allows me to fish in Saltwater. Had I known this I would have bought it to begin with. Only bone to pick is I think the 1st speed could be a little slower if a guy wanted to troll… other than that I’m very happy with the purchase. And as far as service… I had a few questions that were followed up on promptly. Definitely a refreshing way to do business for a change.
Hi David, Enjoy your motor in the saltwater and freshwater! Best, NV Team
My experience with Newport Vessel’s Nick and Jamison was great, stuck by their warranty and had my replacement trolling motor approved in a day.
Hi David, Thanks for giving our customer service agents a shout-out! We stand behind our products and want everyone to have a great experience with their motor. Have a good time getting back on the water! Best, NV Team
I initially purchased a Newport Vessels 55 lb thrust trolling motor for my 2019 Hobie Outback kayak. I installed it using a Railblaza transom mount with star mount fittings. It proved to be so powerful it pulled the well nuts out of the kayak. I returned the 55 lb motor with no hassle at all and purchased the 36lb thrust motor which has worked like a charm. I also purchased the Smart Battery Box and used a lithium motor which is much less heavy than a marine battery. I’ve used the Newport vessel motor with the lithium battery and still had charge left after 8 hours on the water. Great customer service from Sierra at Newport, who was very helpful on the phone about the return and exchange and who emailed me information about jack nuts, fender washers, glue sealant and voltage readers. I would definitely do business again with Newport Vessels. John Henrich
Hi John, We are stoked to hear how your kayak setup has come together and that we were able to assist you with all your questions. Enjoy your kayak adventures! Best, NV Team
1. I looked in your manual for how to install the propeller, all I found was 'How to replace the propeller' 2. Wire size,question. My kayak a Pelican Catch PWR 100 came prewired with #10 ga wire. I wonder how that may effect the performance? Your manual states "If extending . . .use 8 ga wire" 3. I have yet to put my kayak in the water.