Kayak SeriesKayak Trolling Motor
- Design: Specially Designed for Kayak Use
- Tiller Handle: 6" Telescoping
- Speeds: 5 Forward, 3 Reverse
- Water Compatibility: Saltwater & Freshwater
- Battery Meter: 5-Point LED
- Thrust Options: 36lb or 55lb
- Shaft Length: 24" optimized for Kayaks
LED battery meter
freshwater & saltwater
LED battery meter
freshwater & saltwater
TROLLING MOTOR FOR KAYAKS
The kayak trolling motor by Newport Vessels is designed with kayak anglers in mind. This is the first kayak specific motor on the market to offer good performance in a reliable, well produced package, at an affordable price
The Kayak Series trolling motors build on the tried and true design of the NV Series trolling motors, featuring a height adjustable 24-inch shaft for correct depth placement. It uses extended cabling to provide for flexible battery placement, ensuring compatibility with all transom mount kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats. Five forward speeds and three reverse speeds allow for a smooth and efficient ride. The five LED light battery indicator shows the current charge of the battery, allowing the user to estimate the remaining runtime. The kayak trolling motor comes with a durable propeller, balancing efficiency and power for optimal performance. The kayak trolling motor is powered by one 12-volt deep cycle or marine battery (not included). See our battery guide here.
Each kayak motor comes with our 2 year warranty and is backed by our California based, industry renowned customer service team!
All Newport Vessels branded trolling motors are designed to be used with Lead-Acid style Deep Cycle or Marine batteries (Flooded, SLA, AGM or Gel). The use of Lithium batteries is not recommended and won't be compatible with some of the features offered on our motors. For more information, please read our post Lithium Batteries With Trolling Motors?
Ready to test your skill? Check out our Beginners Guide To Kayak Fishing Tournaments!
Fishing from a kayak allows you to get in close to the action without scaring away bass and other shallow water fish. Fighting water currents and navigating the wakes and chop of bigger boats can be extremely time consuming and draining. Utilizing a trolling motor allows kayakers to quickly access their favorite fishing spot, so they can spend the day fishing and not paddling. The ultra-quiet operation of our Kayak Series trolling motor ensures a stealthy approach, placing you right on top of fish bigger boats can only dream of finding.
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery (Lead-Acid) rated at least 50 amp hour (ah). Amp hours will determine the run time of the motor.
- 12V Battery Charger.
- Railblaza Kayak Motor Mount (Optional)
Power: 36lb || 55lb
Water Compatibility: Saltwater & Freshwater
Horsepower Equivalent: 0.48 HP || 0.83 HP
Speeds: 5 Forward | 3 Reverse
Max Amp Draw: 29A || 52A
Weight: 18lbs || 23lbs
Shaft Length: 24"
Included Propeller: 2 Blade Small (36lb) || 3 Blade Large (55lb)
Shaft Diameter: 1.15"
Tiller/Handle: 6" Telescoping
Battery Meter: 5" Point LED
Total Height: 35" || 36"
Lower Motor Diameter: 3.2" (36lb) || 3.7" (55lb)
Recommended Amp Hours: 50AH or larger
Lower Motor Length: 13.7" (36lb) || 15.4" (55lb)
Battery Cable Length: 5'6"
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- If your product arrives in a badly damaged box, please notify Newport Vessels immediately. If the box has been opened during shipment, simply refuse delivery of the product and it will be delivered back to our warehouse so we can ship you a replacement.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Trolling motors purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Trolling motors purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty.
Newport Vessels Owners Manuals and Safety Information
- Boat - Wood Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Boat - Air Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- NV Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Kayak Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- X Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- L Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Pontoon Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- NK 180 - Kayak Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- SUP - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Smart Battery Box - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- 12V Pulse Smart Battery Charger - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
Newport Vessels Instructions
- Inflatable Boat Transom Launch Wheels Instructions - PDF
- Pontoon Motor And Mount Installation - PDF
- Boat Air Leak & Transom Repair Instructions - PDF
- Valve Air Leak & Replacement Instructions - PDF
- Davit Mounting Instructions - PDF
- Repairing and Replacing Oar Lock Pads Instructions - PDF
- Canopy Installation Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
- Smart Battery Box Meter Operating Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
Excellent trolling motor for my Kayak and a great value
I purchased the Kayak Series 36lb. thrust model for my Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 10. The shorter size works perfectly and I am using it with the NW transom-style motor mount with the bar that replaces the pedal drive unit and allows it to be lifted in and out of the water just like the pedal drive (which I keep in the back section of the kayak in case I need some exercise). The only adjustment I needed to do was reverse the handle locationand there is a document that explains the very simple procedure in depth. Before I purchased, I was concerned it may not fit in the front pedal area that opens up but it fix perfectly! I was extremely impressed, it is as if they had tested this on a slayer to make sure it actually fit, unlike some that don’t and would require special rear mounts and extended controls. The itemarrived quickly (free shipping) and was very well packaged. It also included a nice inline fuse that does not have to be replace like cheaper ones. The price was great and it is also salt water capable, unlike many of the other mid-range brands. This was an excellent value and I look forward to much use with it in the future. I would especially recommend this unit to Slayer Propel owners since it fits perfectly using their transom mount adapter (you can do a search for "Transom-Style Motor Mount” on the Native Watercraft website to find it).
Superb Customer Service
The customer service department was very responsive to my issue. They resolved my issue quickly and exceeded my expectations. Great job Newport Vessels!
The knowledge and the help of the person I spoke spoke to was one was wonderful. Everything was taken care of Is in a professional and courteous manner. I am 100% satisfied with the result thank you all
Couldn't have purchase from a better company! Glad I went with Newport Vessels!
4 years strong till it's death!
I have this kayak trolling motor 55 lb thrust for over 4 years and used it so very much in the gulf of Mexico Bayside (saltwater). I will say this, this is by far the best trolling motor ever. I used it and abused it with minimal maintenance such as cleaning it after usage. But this Newport got me places on the kayak to where I would limit out on my catch for fish. Super reliable up until yesterday when it gave it's last stroke and smelled like burning rubber. It is completely dead now, but I know I got my moneys worth 100%! I will be ordering another Newport kayak series 55lb thrust one day once I get some money saved to continue my journey out on the water. Newport, thank you for accomplishing my journey towards the open bay! Total of 267 trips used and was 100% reliable! That's quality. That's NEWPORT