Equipped with high quality components, the NV Series 55lb thrust electric trolling motor is a durable and efficient motor that is built to last. With an adjustable 30-inch fiberglass composite shaft, the Newport Vessels trolling motor is built to fit all Newport Vessels inflatable boats as well as all other inflatable boats, kayaks, dinghies, tenders, fishing boats, aluminum fishing boats, and inflatables with a transom. The 8 speed control system (5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds) makes for a smooth ride, while the 3 blade propeller (10 inch diameter) balances power and efficiency for optimal performance. This transom mount motor is built to be powered by a 12-volt Deep Cycle battery or Marine battery (not included).
- 55lb Thrust Trolling Motor
- 3-Blade Propeller Kit
- 50 Amp Circuit Breaker
Other Accessories Needed for Operation:
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery and Charger with at least 50 Amp Hour Rating on the battery. Amp Hours determines battery runtime.
Newport Vessels highly recommends a 50 amp manual reset circuit breaker in the outboard motor leads within 1.8m (72 inches) of the battery for this motor, on the positive line. This circuit breaker is included with your motor, and can be found in the propeller box. During the usage of the electric outboard motor, when the propeller is stuck by the weeds, small stones, fishing lines or so forth, the circuit breaker will cut off the power automatically to prevent the damage of any electrical parts.
Compare the 55lb Thrust NV Series Motor To The Other Newport Vessels Trolling Motors:
View the full Newport Vessels trolling motor model comparison chart below.
NV Series 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor Technical Specifications:
The full technical specifications for the 55lb Thrust Electric Motor are below.
How does Newport Vessels electric trolling motors stack up against the competition?
Newport Vessels NV Series 55lb thrust electric trolling motor differs in many ways from our main competitors comparable model motors such as Minn Kota and Motorguide. Both brands make comparable motors as far as thrust power goes, but Newport Vessels offers more great features at a lower cost. One of the main reasons the Newport Vessels 55lb thrust trolling motor stands out against the rest is that it is saltwater resistant; Minn Kota's Endura C2 and Endura MAX models and Motorguide's R3 model can not say the same. None of them can be used in saltwater. Our motor is constructed with Zinc, aluminum, and stainless steel components allowing for dependable performance in saltwater. Another key component in our motor is the 5-point LED meter built directly into the motor head that gives precise battery life measurements. The Minn Kota Endura C2 and Motorguide R3 do not have a battery meter and the Endura C2 only has a push to test battery life button. The 30-inch fiberglass composite shaft on Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric motor is very strong and the perfect height for many of the boats, kayaks, or other vessels needed for a 55lb thrust motor. Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric trolling motor offers all of these key components at the lowest price of $199, the lowest of any competitor's motor.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new Stand Up Paddleboard and its accessories (hereinafter to be referred to as the “Product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal or improper use, improper assembly, or failed repair attempts.
- Use of an accessory or part neither manufactured nor sold by us.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- Improper protection against UV-light.
Extended exposure to the elements; sun, water, moisture, or humidity.
- Newport Vessels inflatable products are manufactured with treated PVC materials. PVC material by nature (all brands & all models) will begin to breakdown, over-time, if left out in the elements. This warranty does not cover cases where products have been improperly protected against the elements for an extended duration. Please click here to view the difference between PVC and Hypalon.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- The customer must provide reasonable access to the product for warranty service by delivering the product for inspection to a dealer authorized to service the purchaser’s product. If a purchaser cannot deliver the product to such authorized dealer, the purchaser shall notify the company in writing. We shall then arrange for the inspection and repair, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid.Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice with Newport Vessels approval.
- Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Purchase is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Purchase is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
Newport Vessels Guarantee:
- 30 day guarantee begins on the date the product is delivered.
- Returns will be processed within 30 business days of the return arriving at the Newport Vessels warehouse.
Returned products must be:
- Clean and free of dirt, sand, stains, or debris. Unclean or dirty returned products will result in a cleaning fee at the discretion of Newport Vessels team.
- Newport Vessels is not able to accept returns on vessels which have previously been registered. Registered boats are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Undamaged. Products damaged through abuse, accidents or neglect cannot be returned. Any items found to be damaged will be assessed a repair charge. Newport Vessels reserves the right to determine and assess the refundable value of damaged products.
- In sellable condition. Returned items must be resold. Newport Vessels cannot accept returns in less than sellable condition.
- Complete with all parts and accessories shipped on the original order. Incomplete orders will receive a partial refund.
- Customers returning eligible products will receive a refund for the purchase price of the product, not including any shipping charges or other charges.
Refunds will be issued by the original payment method
- If the original payment method is expired or cancelled then refunds will be issued by check. Please allow 10 business days for check processing.
Newport Vessels 30 Day Guarantee does not apply to:
- Products not purchased directly from NewportVessels.com
- Products purchased on eBay.
- Items that are modified or customized. Item must be in original condition and not tampered with.
30 Day Guarantee does not apply if products have been:
- Registered with the state or local government.
- Damaged due to customer use or abuse
- Holes drilled for attaching accessories
- Glued on items such as D-rings, handles, Scotty mounting pads, registration numbers.
- Exchanges do not extend the 30 Day Guarantee, the Guarantee only applies to the original purchase. Guarantee does not apply to the exchanged item.
- 30 Day Guarantee applies to non-commercial use only. Any commercial use, including but not limited to rental operations, will void the 30 Day Guarantee
To initiate the return process, call 1-866-721-0002 to obtain an RMA Number
- All items must be shipped within five (5) days of the issuance of the RMA or the RMA will be voided.
- Packages without an RMA Number will be refused and shipped back to the customer at the customers expense.