Equipped with high quality components, the NV Series 55lb thrust electric trolling motor is a durable and efficient motor that is built to last. With an adjustable 30-inch fiberglass composite shaft, the Newport Vessels trolling motor is built to fit all Newport Vessels inflatable boats as well as all other inflatable boats, kayaks, dinghies, tenders, fishing boats, aluminum fishing boats, and inflatables with a transom. The 8 speed control system (5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds) makes for a smooth ride, while the 3 blade propeller (10 inch diameter) balances power and efficiency for optimal performance. This transom mount motor is built to be powered by a 12-volt Deep Cycle battery or Marine battery (not included).
NV Series 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor Comes With:
- 55lb Thrust Trolling Motor
- 3-Blade Propeller Kit
- 50 Amp Circuit Breaker
Other Accessories Needed for Operation:
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery and Charger with at least 50 Amp Hour Rating on the battery. Amp Hours determines battery runtime.
Newport Vessels highly recommends a 50 amp manual reset circuit breaker in the outboard motor leads within 1.8m (72 inches) of the battery for this motor, on the positive line. This circuit breaker is included with your motor, and can be found in the propeller box. During the usage of the electric outboard motor, when the propeller is stuck by the weeds, small stones, fishing lines or so forth, the circuit breaker will cut off the power automatically to prevent the damage of any electrical parts.
Compare the 55lb Thrust NV Series Motor To The Other Newport Vessels Trolling Motors:
View the full Newport Vessels trolling motor model comparison chart below.
NV Series 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor Technical Specifications:
The full technical specifications for the 55lb Thrust Electric Motor are below.
How does Newport Vessels electric trolling motors stack up against the competition?
Newport Vessels NV Series 55lb thrust electric trolling motor differs in many ways from our main competitors comparable model motors such as Minn Kota and Motorguide. Both brands make comparable motors as far as thrust power goes, but Newport Vessels offers more great features at a lower cost. One of the main reasons the Newport Vessels 55lb thrust trolling motor stands out against the rest is that it is saltwater resistant; Minn Kota's Endura C2 and Endura MAX models and Motorguide's R3 model can not say the same. None of them can be used in saltwater. Our motor is constructed with Zinc, aluminum, and stainless steel components allowing for dependable performance in saltwater. Another key component in our motor is the 5-point LED meter built directly into the motor head that gives precise battery life measurements. The Minn Kota Endura C2 and Motorguide R3 do not have a battery meter and the Endura C2 only has a push to test battery life button. The 30-inch fiberglass composite shaft on Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric motor is very strong and the perfect height for many of the boats, kayaks, or other vessels needed for a 55lb thrust motor. Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric trolling motor offers all of these key components at the lowest price of $199, the lowest of any competitor's motor.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.