The X Series 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor by Newport Vessels is part of our newest line of electric transom-mount trolling motors. With the characteristic X Series 30 degree tilting head, this versatile multi-purpose electric trolling motor is great for a variety of applications. Built with the latest in design, materials, and methods; this trolling motor is built to last. This transom mount motor is designed to be powered by a 12-volt Deep Cycle battery or Marine battery (not included). The control box and telescoping 6-inch handle have a tilt adjustment so that the operator can adjust the handle to level that makes steering more comfortable.With an adjustable 36-inch shaft length, the Newport Vessels trolling motor is built to fit all Newport Vessels inflatable boats as well as all other inflatable boats, kayaks, dinghies, tenders, fishing boats, aluminum fishing boats, and inflatables with a transom. The 8 speed control system (5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds) makes for a smooth and easily controlled ride. The 55lb thrust X Series electric trolling motor comes with a 3 blade propeller for optimal performance.
All Newport Vessels branded trolling motors are designed to be used with Lead-Acid style Deep Cycle or Marine batteries (Flooded, SLA, AGM or Gel). The use of Lithium batteries is not recommended and won't be compatible with some of the features offered on our motors. For more information, please read our post Lithium Batteries With Trolling Motors?
Newport Vessels highly recommends a 50 amp manual reset circuit breaker in the outboard motor leads within 1.8m (72 inches) of the battery for this motor, on the positive line.This circuit breaker is included with your motor, and can be found in the propeller box. Spares or extras can be found for purchase HERE.During the usage of the electric outboard motor, when the propeller is stuck by the weeds, small stones, fishing lines or so forth, the circuit breaker will cut off the power automatically to prevent the damage of any electrical parts.
- 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor
- 3 Blade Propeller Kit - Large
- 50 Amp Circuit Breaker
- X Series Trolling Motor Owners Manual
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery (Lead-Acid) rated at least 50 amp hour (ah). Amp hours will determine the run time of the motor.
- 12V Battery Charger
Compare the 55lb Thrust X Series Motor To The Other Newport Vessels Trolling Motors:
View the full Newport Vessels trolling motor model comparison chart below.
X Series 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor Technical Specifications:
The full technical specifications for the 55lb Thrust Electric Trolling Motor are below.
How does Newport Vessels electric trolling motors stack up against the competition?
Newport Vessels X Series 55lb thrust electric trolling motor differs in many ways from our main competitors comparable model motors such as Minn Kota and Motorguide. Both brands make comparable motors as far as thrust power goes, but Newport Vessels offers more great features at a lower cost. One of the main reasons this electric trolling motor stands out against the rest is that it is saltwater resistant; Minn Kota's Endura C2 and Endura MAX models and Motorguide's R3 model can not say the same. None of them can be used in saltwater. Our motor is constructed with Zinc, aluminum, and stainless steel components allowing for dependable performance in saltwater. Another key component in our motor is the 10-point LED meter built directly into the motor head that gives precise battery life measurements. Also, the control box and handle has is adjustable, it can be tilted 30 degrees up or down leaving the person steering in a position that is comfortable for themselves. The Minn Kota Endura C2 and Motorguide R3 do not have a battery meter and the Endura C2 only has a push to test battery life button. The 36-inch fiberglass composite shaft on Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric motor is very strong and the perfect height for many of the boats, kayaks, or other vessels needed for a 55lb thrust motor. Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric trolling motor offers all of these key components at the lowest price of $299, the lowest of any competitor's motor.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.