This trolling motor cable extension kit allows for the quick and easy lengthening of motor wires without impacting the performance of the trolling motor. This extension kit is compatible with all Newport Vessels branded trolling motors! It's marine grade, made with tin coated copper wire.
Adding a trolling motor to your boat can quickly change the weight distribution, and handling characteristics, especially of smaller craft like kayaks, canoes and jon boats. This weight distribution is further complicated by large, heavy marine batteries which often double or triple the weight of a motor. The new wire extension kit by Newport Vessels solves this issue by allowing you to place the battery anywhere in your kayak, jon or other boat! Allowing you to correct the uneven weight distribution without risk to you, passengers, or the trolling motor. A thick, 8 AWG cable ensures there is no performance loss through the extended battery cable between the battery and the trolling motor. High quality brass connecting hardware maintains a solid connection and electricity flow, so you get every last pound of thrust.
- 5ft Black & 5ft Red Cable
- 8 AWG Marine Grade: Tin coated Copper.
- Connecting Hardware
- 2 x Brass Bolts, 2 x Brass Tightening Nuts, 4 x Brass Washers.
- Electrical Tape
- Included for safety and covering the metal connections.
Newport Branded Accessory Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new Newport Branded Accessory (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- If your product arrives in a badly damaged box, please notify Newport Vessels immediately. If the box has been opened during shipment, simply refuse delivery of the product by the delivery driver and it will be returned back to our warehouse so we can ship you a replacement.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Products purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Products purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty.
Newport Vessels Owners Manuals and Safety Information
- Boat - Wood Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Boat - Air Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- NV Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Kayak Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- X Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- L Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Pontoon Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- NK 180 - Kayak Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- SUP - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Smart Battery Box - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- 12V Pulse Smart Battery Charger - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
Newport Vessels Instructions
- Inflatable Boat Transom Launch Wheels Instructions - PDF
- Pontoon Motor And Mount Installation - PDF
- Boat Air Leak & Transom Repair Instructions - PDF
- Valve Air Leak & Replacement Instructions - PDF
- Davit Mounting Instructions - PDF
- Repairing and Replacing Oar Lock Pads Instructions - PDF
- Canopy Installation Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
- Smart Battery Box Meter Operating Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
It worked exactly as I expected.
The 5-foot extension cable is just what we needed to be able to position the battery for our trolling motor in a convenient spot at the front of the boat.
Hi Dan, Great to hear that this product was the perfect tool to extend your trolling motor cables longer! Best, NV Team
Shipped out immediately and received in excellent condition. I highly rate this company.
The cables worked just right for my 14’ boat
I'm old school. I would have preferred that both the outboard power cable and the 10-Foot, Cable Extension Kit were made from #6 single strand copper wire rather than #8, multi-strand tin wires. It may be that the latter is less prone to breakage than a single strand copper wire would be. I'm not sure which is more corrosion/oxidation resistant, tin or copper. We'll have to see. So far I am satisfied with the product. HOWEVER, I did make one modification. I removed the crimped, #6 ring connectors from both the red and black cables for the outboard motor power cable and one end of the 10-foot, Cable Extension Kit and replaced them with Marine, 12-Volt, 60_AMP, #6 - #8 plugs, I also soldered the the ends of the #6, multi-strand tin wires before connecting them to the plug. I bel;eive the plug connections are faster to connect and disconnect than using bolt and nuts to connect the outboard power cable to the 10-foot Cable Extension kit. Especially, when working in a wet, marine environment. The connection ends for the battery were not modified. and are connected to the battery as intended.