The Newport Vessels Kayak Series 36lb electric trolling motor is designed specifically for kayak fishing. We leveraged our years of experience designing trolling motors and created a motor that fits the unique needs of kayak anglers. This is the first motor designed for use with the low profile hulls of kayaks, to offer category leading performance in a reliable, durable, and affordable package. All of our motors come with our one year warranty, and are backed by our California based, industry renowned customer service team!
By incorporating the popular features, and tried and true design of our NV Series motors, we have developed a kayak trolling motor which delivers optimal performance for all canoes and kayaks. Our 24” height adjustable shaft allows for proper depth placement on most kayaks or canoes. The extended the battery cabling allows for flexible battery placement, ensuring compatibility with nearly all transom mount kayaks. The motor features five forward speeds and three reverse speeds, this allows for a smooth and efficient ride. The bright blue, 5 LED battery indicator ensures you know how much run time is left on your current battery charge. The Newport Vessels 36lb thrust Kayak Series motor comes equipped with a 2-blade propeller for reduced drag, balancing efficiency and thrust for optimal performance. Like most of our NV Series, the 36lb thrust Kayak Series trolling motor is powered by one 12-volt Deep Cycle or marine battery.
- 24 Inch Adjustable Fiberglass Shaft
- 36lbs of Thrust
- 8 Speeds
- 5 Forward
- 3 Reverse
- 2 Blade Propeller (8.9 inch diameter)
- 5' 6" Battery Cables
- 5 LED Battery Charge Indicator
- 6" Telescoping Handle
Kayak Series Trolling Motor 36lb - Included In The Box:
- 36lb Thrust Trolling Motor
- 2 Blade Propeller
- Propeller Hardware
- 40 Amp Manual Reset Circuit Breaker
- Owners Manual
Other Accessories Needed for Operation (Not Included):
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery with at least 50 Amp Hour Rating on the battery. Amp Hours determine battery runtime, the runtime of your motor can be extended by choosing a battery with a 75 or 100 Amp Hour rating.
Kayak fishing allows you to get in close to the action without scaring away bass and other shallow water fish. By using a trolling motor on your boat, you can quickly access your favorite cove, this means you spend the day fishing, not fighting the current or paddling through chop and the wakes of bigger boats. The ultra quiet operation of our 36lb thrust motor ensures a stealthy approach, placing you right on top of prey bigger boats can only dream of finding.
** Newport Vessels highly recommends a 40 amp manual reset circuit breaker in the outboard motor leads within 1.8m (72 inches) of the battery for this motor; this should be connected to the positive lead.This circuit breaker is included with your motor, and can be found in the propeller box. During the usage of the electric outboard motor, when the propeller is stuck by weeds, rocks, fishing lines etc, the circuit breaker will cut off the power automatically to prevent damage to electrical components.
Compare the 36lb Thrust Kayak Motor To Other Newport Vessels Trolling Motors:
36lb Thrust Kayak Series Trolling Motor - Technical Specifications:
How do Newport Vessels trolling motors stack up against Minn Kota and MotorGuide?
Newport Vessels NV Series 55lb thrust electric trolling motor stands out from major competitors like Minn Kota and MotorGuide thanks to its exceptional features and unmatched value. Both brands make comparable thrust motors, however Newport Vessels offers better features at a lower cost. One of the main ways in which the NV Series 55lb trolling motor stands out against the rest is it’s compatibility with saltwater. It is the most affordable saltwater compatible motor on the market, with performance and features which are unmatched by Minn Kota's equivalent Riptide and MotorGuide's R3 model, the NV 55lb is an easy choice for anglers looking for a reliable, durable, and affordable electric trolling motor, which outperforms its more expensive competitors. Our motor is built with Zinc, aluminum, and stainless steel components, allowing for dependable saltwater performance, and incorporates key features such as its sacrificial zinc anode. Another key feature of our motor is the 5-point LED meter incorporated into the top of the motor head, ensuring you always know how much battery life remains. The Minn Kota Riptide Transom uses only a 4 point LED while the MotorGuide R3 Saltwater only has a push to test battery button, with very limited usability. The 30-inch fiberglass composite shaft on Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric motor is guaranteed for life, is very strong and offers optimal depth range for most transom mount boats including Jon boats, bass boats, skiffs, dinghies, canoes and more. The Newport Vessels 55lb thrust electric trolling motor offers an excellent combination of performance and features, in an affordable package. All of our products are supported by our exceptional California based customer service team, and are backed by our product warranty.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new Stand Up Paddleboard and its accessories (hereinafter to be referred to as the “Product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal or improper use, improper assembly, or failed repair attempts.
- Use of an accessory or part neither manufactured nor sold by us.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- Improper protection against UV-light.
Extended exposure to the elements; sun, water, moisture, or humidity.
- Newport Vessels inflatable products are manufactured with treated PVC materials. PVC material by nature (all brands & all models) will begin to breakdown, over-time, if left out in the elements. This warranty does not cover cases where products have been improperly protected against the elements for an extended duration. Please click here to view the difference between PVC and Hypalon.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- The customer must provide reasonable access to the product for warranty service by delivering the product for inspection to a dealer authorized to service the purchaser’s product. If a purchaser cannot deliver the product to such authorized dealer, the purchaser shall notify the company in writing. We shall then arrange for the inspection and repair, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid.Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice with Newport Vessels approval.
- Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Purchase is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Purchase is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
Newport Vessels Guarantee:
- 30 day guarantee begins on the date the product is delivered.
- Returns will be processed within 30 business days of the return arriving at the Newport Vessels warehouse.
Returned products must be:
- Clean and free of dirt, sand, stains, or debris. Unclean or dirty returned products will result in a cleaning fee at the discretion of Newport Vessels team.
- Newport Vessels is not able to accept returns on vessels which have previously been registered. Registered boats are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Undamaged. Products damaged through abuse, accidents or neglect cannot be returned. Any items found to be damaged will be assessed a repair charge. Newport Vessels reserves the right to determine and assess the refundable value of damaged products.
- In sellable condition. Returned items must be resold. Newport Vessels cannot accept returns in less than sellable condition.
- Complete with all parts and accessories shipped on the original order. Incomplete orders will receive a partial refund.
- Customers returning eligible products will receive a refund for the purchase price of the product, not including any shipping charges or other charges.
Refunds will be issued by the original payment method
- If the original payment method is expired or cancelled then refunds will be issued by check. Please allow 10 business days for check processing.
Newport Vessels 30 Day Guarantee does not apply to:
- Products not purchased directly from NewportVessels.com
- Products purchased on eBay.
- Items that are modified or customized. Item must be in original condition and not tampered with.
30 Day Guarantee does not apply if products have been:
- Registered with the state or local government.
- Damaged due to customer use or abuse
- Holes drilled for attaching accessories
- Glued on items such as D-rings, handles, Scotty mounting pads, registration numbers.
- Exchanges do not extend the 30 Day Guarantee, the Guarantee only applies to the original purchase. Guarantee does not apply to the exchanged item.
- 30 Day Guarantee applies to non-commercial use only. Any commercial use, including but not limited to rental operations, will void the 30 Day Guarantee
To initiate the return process, call 1-866-721-0002 to obtain an RMA Number
- All items must be shipped within five (5) days of the issuance of the RMA or the RMA will be voided.
- Packages without an RMA Number will be refused and shipped back to the customer at the customers expense.