Pontoon Series Trolling Motor
12V Smart Battery Box
Trolling Motor Propeller - 3 Blade
Cable Extension Kit
Transducer Mount for Trolling Motors
LED Battery Meter
freshwater & saltwater
LED Battery Meter
freshwater & saltwater
This Pontoon Series trolling Motor is designed to be used on pontoon and deck boats. Durable and convenient for any family member to operate safely. The perfect motor for a leisure cruise on an electric only lake or for fishing with friends. The Bow Mount design allows for the most control and maneuverability on any deck boat. This series is currently a bow mount only design.
This motor features a durable mount that can be bolted to nearly any sturdy, flat surface, and a tilting and extendable tiller the user can easily control the boat from inside the deck fencing. This makes it a great fit for any pontoon boat! This motor includes a 10 point LED battery meter a monitor the remaining battery life, 5 forward speeds, 3 reverse speeds, and an efficient 3 blade propeller (10" diameter) for all day power. The 30 degree tiltable head allows more comfort for users as they customize the handle angle. This allows for operating the motor while casting, or sitting and waiting. These motors come standard with a 55" shaft ensuring that the propeller will reach optimal depth. With 5.5ft of battery cables you can rest easy knowing it can reach your battery. Like all other Newport Vessels branded trolling motors, the Pontoon Series is also saltwater compatible allowing it to be used both in freshwater and saltwater!
All Newport Vessels branded trolling motors are designed to be used with Lead-Acid style Deep Cycle or Marine batteries (Flooded, SLA, AGM or Gel). The use of Lithium batteries is not recommended and won't be compatible with some of the features offered on our motors. For more information, please read our post Lithium Batteries With Trolling Motors?THIS MOTOR INCLUDES:
- Pontoon Series Trolling Motor
- Propeller Installation Hardware
- Drive-Pin, Washer, Tightening Nut and Spanner/Washer
- Circuit Breaker
- Deck Mount Bracket for extreme durability(Pontoon Trolling Motor Mount)
- PONTOON SERIES OWNER'S MANUAL
- 12V Deep Cycle or Marine Battery (Lead-Acid) rated at least 50 amp hour (ah). Amp hours will determine the run time of the motor.
- 86lb Motor require 2 x 12V batteries connected in series.
- 12V Battery Charger.
- 9/32" drill bit
- Crescent Wrench
Power: 55lb || 86lb
Water Compatibility: Saltwater & Freshwater
Horsepower Equivalent: 0.83 HP || 1.5HP
Speeds:5 Forward | 3 Reverse
Max Amp Draw: 52A || 48A
Weight: 23lbs || 25lbs
Shaft Length: 55"
Included Propeller:3 Blade - Large
Shaft Diameter: 1.15"
Tiller/Handle: 6" Telescoping, 30 Degree Tilting
Battery Meter: 10 Point LED
Total Height: 68"
Lower Motor Diameter: 3.7"
Compatible Battery Type: Lead-Acid
Lower Motor Length: 15.4"
Recommended Amp Hours: 50AH or larger
Circuit Breaker: 50A
Battery Cable Length: 5.5ft || 66"
Trolling Motor Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new electric trolling motor (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- If your product arrives in a badly damaged box, please notify Newport Vessels immediately. If the box has been opened during shipment, simply refuse delivery of the product and it will be delivered back to our warehouse so we can ship you a replacement.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Trolling motors purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Trolling motors purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty.
Newport Vessels Owners Manuals and Safety Information
- Boat - Wood Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Boat - Air Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- NV Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Kayak Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- X Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- L Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Pontoon Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- NK 180 - Kayak Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- SUP - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Smart Battery Box - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- 12V Pulse Smart Battery Charger - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
Newport Vessels Instructions
- Inflatable Boat Transom Launch Wheels Instructions - PDF
- Pontoon Motor And Mount Installation - PDF
- Boat Air Leak & Transom Repair Instructions - PDF
- Valve Air Leak & Replacement Instructions - PDF
- Davit Mounting Instructions - PDF
- Repairing and Replacing Oar Lock Pads Instructions - PDF
- Canopy Installation Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
- Smart Battery Box Meter Operating Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
I took a chance on a product I knew little about, from a company I'd not heard of. After a short time I needed to use the 2yr warranty. The customer service was amazing from my initial inquiry to a completely replaced item was a little over a week. I received 11 emails during that time keeping me informed and aware of the options I had as a customer. When you need product support I feel like they're always a simple phone call away. That's rare
After being on a friends 20’ pontoon and seeing what this motor can do I decided to purchase the same one for my 24’ pontoon. Awesome motor. Pushes our boat with ease.
Excellent to move my 20 feet pontoon to park and take it out to bay from the canal and easy to use
The trolling motor does everything I need it to do. It's been extremely quiet in the midst of my fishing experiences.
I bought one of these 12V 55-pound-thrust "pontoon" trolling motors a month ago, and have since attached the mount to the stern of my 29-foot, 8000-pound sailboat, and run wires from a new bank of LiFePO4 batteries to power the motor. It works great for getting in and out of the slip, and for getting home when the wind falls calm. The long 55" shaft allows the motor to reach well down into the water even from the top of my transom, and the simple mount allows me to easily raise the motor up out of the water when sailing; this combination of the very long shaft and simple, very sturdy "latch-and-door" mount (and the salt-water resistant materials) is what I have been waiting for for years! I made only two modifications: I soldered an XT-90 connector onto the ends of the power wires (so I can quickly mount the motor and connect it when I'm ready to go sailing), and I took off the head and reversed it (so the tiller extends forward when the propeller is aft, since my motor is mounted on the stern rather than the bow). I like this solution so much that I just bought one more identical motor to serve as a redundant backup, and in case I ever need twice as much thrust (my current mount is on the starboard side of my transom, and I will mount the new motor on the port side). I measured the current draw at full forward power of my first motor, with the boat tied up in the slip, at about 40 Amps, and my battery bank and cables can supply more than 100 Amps, so two motors at full power simultaneously should work fine.