The battery you place inside the Smart Battery Box can be charged:
- Through the terminals.
- Through the 12VDC Port/ Cigarette Adapter.
- Charging must be below 10amps so the circuit breaker does not trip.
- Remove your battery and attach your charger directly.
The Smart Battery Box itself does not hold a charge, it is only a container for your battery. You cannot charge your battery through the smart battery box USB port.
Install, Charger, and Product Overview
We recommend using the 12V Smart Battery Charger with Pulse Repair Technology to recharge your battery. Check out our product use videos for the Smart Battery Box on our Youtube Channel.
- The Newport Smart Battery Box Power Center
- How to Install a 12V Battery into a Newport Smart Battery Box
If you have any additional questions, please see our Smart Battery Box FAQ page. For more in-depth articles, please see our Accessories Support Page. If you can’t find the information you need, give us a call (866) 721-0002 Monday to Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm PST or reach out to us via email SUPPORT@NEWPORTVESSELS.COM.