This trolling motor cable extension kit allows for the quick and easy lengthening of motor wires without impacting the performance of the trolling motor. This extension kit is compatible with all Newport Vessels branded trolling motors! It's marine grade, made with tin coated copper wire.
Adding a trolling motor to your boat can quickly change the weight distribution, and handling characteristics, especially of smaller craft like kayaks, canoes and jon boats. This weight distribution is further complicated by large, heavy marine batteries which often double or triple the weight of a motor. The new wire extension kit by Newport Vessels solves this issue by allowing you to place the battery anywhere in your kayak, jon or other boat! Allowing you to correct the uneven weight distribution without risk to you, passengers, or the trolling motor. A thick, 8 AWG cable ensures there is no performance loss through the extended battery cable between the battery and the trolling motor. High quality brass connecting hardware maintains a solid connection and electricity flow, so you get every last pound of thrust.
- 5ft Black & 5ft Red Cable
- 8 AWG Marine Grade: Tin coated Copper.
- Connecting Hardware
- 2 x Brass Bolts, 2 x Brass Tightening Nuts, 4 x Brass Washers.
- Electrical Tape
- Included for safety and covering the metal connections.
Newport Branded Accessory Warranty
Two Year Limited Warranty - (Warranty is non-transferable)
- We guarantee that each new Newport Branded Accessory (hereinafter to be referred to as the “product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship.
- If your product arrives in a badly damaged box, please notify Newport Vessels immediately. If the box has been opened during shipment, simply refuse delivery of the product by the delivery driver and it will be returned back to our warehouse so we can ship you a replacement.
- This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, it does not apply to normal wear and tear, or to damage caused by:
- Neglect, abuse, accidents, theft, abnormal or improper use, or modification.
- Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Newport Vessels.
- Alteration or removal of parts.
- Commercial use.
- This warranty does not cover incidental or consequential costs or expenses such as haul-out, launching, towing transport and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, waste of time or income losses, or other consequential damages.
- To obtain warranty service for the Product believed to be defective, the customer must provide reasonable access to the Product for warranty service by Shipping the Product for inspection to the Newport Vessels distribution center. The customer must include in the shipment, and proof of original purchase. We shall then arrange for the inspection, repair or replacement, provided such service is covered under this warranty. The purchaser shall pay for all related transport expenses and/or any other expenses associated with that service. Any product or part shipped by the purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid. Taking photographs and emailing them may suffice, contingent upon prior approval from a Newport Vessels manager.
- Newport Vessels' obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our discretion, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy the malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve the design of any Product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Each Product is entitled to one warranty claim submission and approval, once the claim is processed and approved, the Product is no longer eligible for future warranty claims.
- Products purchased from unauthorized retailers are not covered by this warranty such as 3rd party Amazon resellers, eBay resellers, or other liquidator.
- Products purchased as "Refurbished" or "Renewed" or "Used", are not subject to this warranty.
Newport Vessels Owners Manuals and Safety Information
- Boat - Wood Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Boat - Air Floor Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- NV Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Kayak Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- X Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- L Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- Pontoon Series - Trolling Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- NK 180 - Kayak Motor - Owners Manual - PDF
- SUP - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- Smart Battery Box - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
- 12V Pulse Smart Battery Charger - Owners Manual & Safety Information - PDF
Newport Vessels Instructions
- Inflatable Boat Transom Launch Wheels Instructions - PDF
- Pontoon Motor And Mount Installation - PDF
- Boat Air Leak & Transom Repair Instructions - PDF
- Valve Air Leak & Replacement Instructions - PDF
- Davit Mounting Instructions - PDF
- Repairing and Replacing Oar Lock Pads Instructions - PDF
- Canopy Installation Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
- Smart Battery Box Meter Operating Instructions - PDF
- Example Boat Registration Docs - PDF
Very nice product, very helpful if you need more distance between motor and battery. Very good quality.
Just what I needed. Battery weighs more than the canoe, so needed the motor in back and battery in front balance. Extension solved my issue perfectly.
Easy to make connection and plenty of power to the motor.
easy. great advice on phone
10' cable extension
The cables are of good quality, are very flexible, and the connectors are attached very nicely. I'm sure they will function as intended. BUT what you get are 2 SEPARATE CABLES. They are not joined to each other like an automotive set of jumper cables. Not very convenient in a boat. I taped mine together. A minor issue was that the black electrical tape that was included adhered very poorly, if at all, to the cables and connectors. I had to use my own black tape.
Outboard kayak 180 motor on hobie 2021 outback
Excellent. The team is very helpful. The delivery was on time and the team is on top of their game. . There are plenty of utube videos available in support of the installation as well as the easy to follow instructions. Reafy to go!! Looking forward spring fishing